Pam Cezayirli’s Resource for Birmingham, Alabama Home Buyers.
Helpful information to guide you through the buying process in Birmingham, Alabama.
The secret to making a successful home purchase in Birmingham, Alabama is to have strategic information before you start looking. This helps you make a good buying decision and avoid paying too much or buying the wrong home. This page is a good starting point if you are buying your Birmingham, Alabama home. Also, please feel welcome to email Pam any questions you might have, or she’ll be happy to set up a no-obligation meeting to discuss your unique situation. She’s happy to see if she can help, you won’t be obligated to work with her.
Ten Steps to Buying
Here's a quick look at the steps
you'll take when buying your first
1. Determine how much home you can afford. You can do this by using my Finance Center Tools.
2. Conduct a preliminary search with my Property Search. You may even want to save some of your searches and schedule home showings online.
3. Contact a Mortgage Consultant and get your mortgage pre-approved.
4. Contact me look for a house that meets your needs.
5. Once you find a home on which you want to make an offer, you'll sign a purchase agreement and give the seller earnest money to seal the deal. If your offer is accepted (sometimes with contingencies), determine a date you wish to close.
6. Have your new home inspected to ensure there's nothing seriously wrong with the property. It’s also a good idea to get homeowner’s insurance to protect yourself against any unforeseen calamity.
7. Notify your loan officer that you've found a property so they can begin the appraisal and title process. And, lock in your interest rate. Your loan officer will send you a new good faith estimate which shows your monthly mortgage payment as well as your estimated cash needed for closing. The title company will notify you of the time and date you close on your home and the items you'll need to bring to closing.
8. Notify your phone company, utilities (don't forget water and sewer), moving company, post office, newspaper and magazines, friends and family (see our moving checklist) and change your mailing address.
9. Pack and move!